Yesterday I went looking for some cheap canvas and gesso. I came home with 5 sheets of Foamcore. I reasoned that I had saved money getting that for my painting pours – I had never used it before, so it would be interesting to say the least. This was A3 size. Acrylic and water.
It started out well…lovely detail shots here
If only it would stay like that…hrrmph! Like all pours, things change, and this is how it dried out this morning.
Its alright I suppose…..still some nice detailing mostly….but the beginning was much better. Also, being foamcore, it warped like mad, making the paint pool in the most annoying way!
But hey, its all about the learning. I wonder what else I can use…..
Whoot! Hi everyone! Glad to be back – issues still ongoing, but lets not be moany. I hope you are all having a fine day.
Lemme show you something I have been working on – its poured painting. These shots are all different parts of the same painting.
Remember when I tried the hairdryer paintings, and said I didn’t want to try acrylic poured painting because it involved chemicals and stuff? Well I got some good results just using water and paint.
The thing with this technique is that it changes ALL the time – for example….this shot here no longer exists. It had morphed into something else by the time I had uploaded the picture.
This is at the bottom of the picture and is beginning to dry. When the paint dries, it gets quite muted so I’m going to have to find a varnish that can bring back the vibrance and shine.
No I’m not going to show you a boring still life of hair accessories! I have been carrying on with my poured poster paintings, and liking the results but hating the multitude of air bubbles that crack open as the paint dries (which has taken about 3 days, dontchya know)
So I took a hairdryer to this one…
….and ended up with this……
Looks quite cool really, but I think I’m done with these for now. I’m working on some watercolour and ink things……Spirographs actually. I picked up a set in a charity shop so I’m making pretty designs.